Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thunder over kandahar by Sharon McKay

The book Thunder over Kandahar is a very good book, the book is about a family from the UK moves to Afghanistan and suffers all the laws, women in Afghanistan cant show any skin, cant look at other men, and must travel with a man at all times. The book is very great and exiting.

I like the book a lot because it has a lot of my interest. Am very interested in warfare, and in this book they have the Taliban. This book actually tells people what its like in Afghanistan. I really like books that have a realistic story and a good problem, for example the mother (who's name is not listed yet) and the daughter Yasmen where walking to the park for ice cream and there was no guy with them, so a grope in a truck went to beet them. I have a lot to reed but I can tell it will get better and better.

On the back it says that the Taliban targets they family because they got an education for Europe. This book seems unpredictable and I would love to see how this turns out. At the point I'm in, the family goes to an even more dangers city and they believe they will be protected because there Grandpa is a well respected man, the city also has a school under construction, witch everyone hopes to go to. In Afghanistan or maybe every place in Africa a school is a huge deal, every one wants to learn so they get a good job for the future. I believe that this book will be the best book I will ever read in a long time, its so realistic and well written.


I would recommend this book to a lot of people. It has a very good storyline and its very easy to picture what's going on. It's interesting and you never know what might happen. Afghanistan is very unpredictable and corrupted and this book really tells that without saying it, that’s what makes it very realistic. The book is very great and I enjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment